Saturday, March 21, 2009

How Hard Can It Be?

Just how hard do you think it would be to fly a kite like this? Pretty easy, right? Besides, it’s a “real” kite, not one of those plastic ones that get all busted up!

Oooooh, I was excited! I got a quick demo from Todd on which handle to pull when.

I paid close attention, I even practiced the motions.

Yes! I can do this! This is fun!

My failures have always been to Todd’s delight. (Glad I could provide such “roll on the ground laughing” entertainment) I didn’t last 3 seconds…can’t do the whole opposite arm thing. I tried 3 or 4 more times, with a new lesson in between, all with the same result.

Crash and burn. That darn thing was pulling me so hard it was hurting my shoulders and elbows. I just could not control it; It had control over me!

Like my new pasture boots? No cow plops getting on these feet!
Target…$24.99 - very cute polka dots

You would guess who had absolutely NO problems at all! He could make it zip around and go wherever he wanted it to!

Eryn was a whiz at her owl kite!


Todd aggravates Eryn to no end…what are uncles for?
But, she adores him at the same time!


No comments: